(Experienced w/Informatica, PL/SQL or
Oracle Data Integrator)
The Health Care DataWorks ETL Engineer is responsible for leading the design and delivery of ETL and data warehousing applications to populate a health care data warehouse. The health care data warehouse will support strategic, tactical and operational business intelligence to deliver the right information to the right people at the right time. You will work in close coordination with the business analysis to effectively implement technical requirements. Additionally, you will work with a team in a very demanding, fast-paced, and dynamic health care environment.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Designs and delivers applications in support of health care data warehousing. Supporting strategic, tactical and operational reporting strategy in real-time, near real-time, and batch environments.
- Aid in the creation of governance processes around meta-data to ensure an integrated definition of data for enterprise information, and to ensure the accuracy, validity, and reusability of meta-data
- Participate in developing consistent definitions for common reference data
- Support reduction of data redundancy and fragmentation, elimination of unnecessary movement of data, and improvement of data quality
- Work closely with the team responsible for interviewing management, requesters, and subject matter experts to gather, identify, specify, and document complex business and functional/non-functional requirements. Participates in problem identification and requirements gathering and documentation, as well as system design activities
- Participates and facilitates functional and technical designs of systems to ensure sound decisions are being made in alignment with current and future business and IT strategies and opportunities
- Creates ETL architecture guidelines and standards.
- Education and Experience
- Bachelors Degree
- Course of Study/Major: Computer Science, MIS, Statistics
- Technical skills in one or more of the following technologies: Informatica, PL/SQL or Oracle Data Integrator
- ETL work experience
- Related work Experience: 1 year minimum
- Minimum of 2 years related experience in business and systems design and modeling.
- Personal qualities: innovation, resourcefulness, tenacity, independence, energy, and self-confidence.
- Broad understanding of business intelligence technologies, including ETL, OLAP, Data Mining, Dashboards, Balanced Scorecards, Analysis and Reporting tools
- Highly developed skills for discerning wants from needs and determining core functionality requirements.
- Minimum of 2 years experience with relational databases and data structures, data modeling techniques and concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to learn business process and operations and apply technical solutions.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a broad range of internal and external customers.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Course of Study/Major: MBA or MIS
- Health Care Background preferred
- Industry experience preferred
- Experience/exposure in Balanced Scorecard theory
- Experience/exposure to ORYX for Hospitals, Core Measures and Hospital Core Measures
Health Care DataWorks is committed to customer service and sharing our success with our employees. If you're an experienced professional who takes pride in impacting healthcare in a positive way please take a moment to send us your professional profile at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please use the body of the email as a cover letter and attach your resume.