The primary role of the Technical Writer is to produce online and written material for Health Care DataWorks’ KnowledgeEdge product suite that will be used by end users. This job will interface with the Implementation Team, Development Team, and Customer Service Team in order to deliver the online and print help, user guides, training materials, and end user material that will assist end users with the use of our Business Intelligence solutions.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Update and maintain online help and aligns with industry standards for formatting and ease of use.
- Develop printed material that leverages existing online help material. This may include end userreference manuals or training guides.
- Develop an integrated documentation process for end-user training that could include print and online training materials. The technical writer will assist in the creation of scripts and or final training material.
- Develop project plans to map out effective product documentation to coincide with product releaseschedules.
- Collaborate with the development team in order to prepare documentation and training materials.
- Work with the product development team to write new product training supplements andannouncements of new product features.
- Ability to transform technical data into an easy to use format for both technical and non-technical users that shows knowledge of industry documentation standards.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical user. Experienced providing technical writing support for Architects and Subject Matter Experts. Confer with Analyst, Developers, System Testers, SMEs, Implementation Mgrs. and Product Mgr. to establish technical specifications and to determine subject material to be developed for publication.
- Demonstrated ability to document business processes and write detailed functional requirements that show excellent technical writing skills as well as have the ability to peer review technical documents for grammar, content and style of writing. Show ability to handle sensitive and complex issues with discretion and good judgment.
- Organize material and complete writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Review published materials and recommend revisions or changes in scope, format, content, and methods of reproduction and binding.
- Experience working in a fast past environment and able to adapt easily to changing activities and priorities while working under tight timeframes and maintaining strong organization skills.
- Other assigned responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor's degree in technical writing, communications, journalism, or English or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 years technical writing experience (Must be able to show work product samples).
- Solid knowledge of the documentation process from design to commercial release.
- Working knowledge of technical software for publishing online (e.g. Content Management Systemor online help system). This includes proficiency in publishing content for web sites, marketingmaterials and training documents. Experience with Visio, PhotoShop, Adobe and/or FrameMaker a plus.
- Technical knowledge and understanding of databases. Familiarity with Oracle a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with implementing and maintaining On-Line Help systems (e.g. Robo Help software).
- Excellent creative and technical writing, editing and coordination skills
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of leading documentation tools and documentation delivery options, with experiencein preparing online and print documentation for users of software products
Health Care DataWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other classification prescribed by applicable law.
Health Care DataWorks is committed to customer service and sharing our success with our employees. If you're an experienced professional who takes pride in impacting healthcare in a positive way please take a moment to send us your professional profile at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please use the body of the email as a cover letter and attach your resume.